BUSINESS SPACE NEAR DFW AIRPORT
With over 6,000 acres of land that is open for commercial use, the DFW Airport office submarket serves as the perfect location for global accessibility. Innumerable distribution centers and industrial parks already call it home, and the submarket is heating up with more plans for the business.
DFW Airport recently implemented a land use plan to turn the area into an aerotropolis, a term coined by John Kasarda meaning “a combination of a giant airport, planned city, shipping facility, and business hub.”
Part of the land use plan includes a new business park called Southgate Plaza, a 32-acre development comprised of hospitality, retail, restaurant, and office space. The U.S. Post Office will be one of the businesses headquartered in Southgate Plaza.
The DFW Airport submarket is home to five Fortune 500 companies, including Exxon Mobil, Gamestop, Fluor Corporation, Kimberly-Clark, and Commercial Metals Company. Michaels Stores, Zale Corporation, Omni Hotels, and Aviall are also headquartered in and around DFW Airport.
With a desirable location close to the biggest international airport in Texas, the DFW submarket continues to attract industrial and corporate businesses alike
Facts about DFW airport:
- There were originally two separate airports in Dallas and Fort Worth, as both cities sought to pursue their own interests. The two cities engaged in “The Airport Wars,” a 50-year-long feud, until DFW was finally opened in 1974.
- DFW Airport supplies $31.6 billion dollars of the economic output in North Texas.
- Founders’ Plaza offers visitors and residents an observation area to watch various types of aircraft as they take off and land.
- There have been over $400 million dollars invested in cargo and warehouse buildings.
- DFW Airport is the closest international airport to the Cowboys Stadium, Six Flags Over Texas, Rangers Ballpark, and the Dallas Galleria.
- DFW Airport has seven runways, 204 destinations, and approximately 165,580 passengers coming and going on a daily basis.
- The airport is larger than the entire island of Manhattan.