Wondering where to find a better economy for your business? Try looking at South Dallas for a great place to start and grow your company.
South Dallas is the area south of Downtown Dallas and south of Interstate 30. There are two main areas that make up South Dallas: Pleasant Grove and Oak Cliff. These two areas have proven to be great locations for your to lease office space in Dallas for business opportunities.
South Dallas Business Climate
The Office of Economic Development has an ongoing focused effort to revitalize the South Dallas area. South Dallas Fair Park Trust Fund is the most recognized fruit of this effort. The main goal of the Trust Fund is to facilitate the economic growth and community development in South Dallas for:
- Business and economic development initiatives
- Housing and community development
- Community service programs to provide job-related and human services assistance
Dallas Tax Breaks
One aspect of this Fund is dedicated to creating planned development projects by incentivizing development companies with tax breaks. The most notable of these tax breaks is the “Tax Increment Financing District” (TIF) which will help to spur investments for the following development projects:
- Bexar Street I&II/Turner Courts Redevelopment
- Community organization programs and activities
- Eban Village
- Expansion for viable business
- Forest Heights Development Center
- MLK & 4th Avenue DART Rail Station Development
Terms of Commercial Loans
The Terms of these Commercial Loans are offered to businesses in the area and include the following:
- A low interest rate of 3%
- 5 years to repay the loan
- Loan amount ranges from $1,000 to $50,000
- The loan requires collateral of at least 125% of the value of the loan
Accessibility to Routes of Transportation
Locating your business in South Dallas will place you near the heart of the city. The area provides easy access to major roadways, such as:
- Hwy. 67
You can quickly commute to other districts in Dallas and the surrounding areas. The Dallas Area Rail Transit system is also accessible for low-cost commuting.
Things to Do, Shopping, and Dining
Often underrated, yet South Dallas is bustling with an ever-growing music and arts district. The area is full of one-of-a-kind art galleries and restaurants offering a variety of cultural flavors. For more traditional fun, you’ll find The State Fair Grounds, which is home to The Texas State Fair and the historic Cotton Bowl. Oh, and don’t forget to visit the 106 acres Dallas Zoo!
Boxer offers the best deals in the area. Find office space online and chat with a live representative now!